Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Nightmare

Pharmacy Practice 1B is the most challenging nightmare so far. Next week will be my interaction test. I haven’t even remembers all the symptoms for the conditions we were supposed to study. If I am not mistaken, there were around 15 types of medical condition that we should learn by heart. We have to know the symptoms, the treatments as well as the referral points for all. However, only one case will be assessed. Imagine walking into the pharmacy practice model with the lecturer as the patient and you as the pharmacist and not knowing what case will you get. The feeling is just scary. It’s stressful. I have exactly one week left and I felt so unprepared. Practised with my friend the whole day today but I still think I am not good enough. I still paused and at times, gave the wrong medication. Gosh. Help me!!!! Have to practice till perfect before Tuesday(3/11/09)

Besides the interaction test, we will also be sitting for a paper on this subject in the final exam which is 3 weeks away. Our lecturer told us yesterday that they will be negative marking for the MCQ. That is new for me as I have not experience it before. For every wrong answer, 0.5 marks will be deducted. For example, if you get 1 question right and 1 question wrong, instead of getting 1 out of 2 marks, we will only be getting 0.5 out of 2 marks. This is actually to ensure that students are not just guessing the answer but to actually know them. I guess, I should not take MCQ lightly then.

*3 weeks to exam, 7 weeks to see Jeslyn, 8 weeks to Malaysia*

1 comment:

karina :) said...

hey..good luck in ur exams ya! =) may God bless u and guide ur way =)