Thursday, March 19, 2009

Weak

Every 2nd and 4th Thursday will be like today. 6 hours straight of chemistry. It will all start with tutorial, then lecture then 4 hours of practical. Sze Lynn is really weak. I dont like myself that way. I prefer the tough strong me. But do I have a choice? Perhaps yes. Today's practical was my first practical in UniSA. They first showed us a video showing all the safety regulations. Then it was the lab demonstrators who told us where are all the stuff. That whole thing took like 45 minutes. And btw, there wont be any stool for us. They are only for the lab demonstrators. During orientation, Brian Wing, one of the oldest, most experienced and strict looking lab demonstrator told us that unless we have both broken leg or pregnant, or else they wont provide us with stool to sit. With the usual fear I have, I went to take a really heavy lunch to ensure I will be able to survive the whole experiment. Unfortunately, it did not make much of a difference. I HAVE LOW BLOOD PRESSURE so I really cant stand still so long. I am alright if I am moving but other than that no. 30 minutes past, I felt dizzy and everything turned black. I knew I was going to faint anytime thus I quickly squat down. I took off my lab glass a little as we are not suppose to take off our goggles when we are in the lab. Brian saw me and he came to me, asked me to go out of the lab. He asked if I was alright and do I want to sit. Of course I said 'yea'. So he allowed me to sit outside of the lab for around 10 minutes. Then I returned back to the lab and that was when he told us where are the toilets in that building and told us not to be afraid to leave the lab for that purpose. Swt.

Then when we were back to our tables, Sandy asked if I went to the toilet. I answered no. Then she poped up with another question. Huh? You got punished to stand outside? Again I answered no. But out of curiousity, I asked her why she have the thought that I got punished. She said because I actually lifted up my goggles. Then I giggled and said no, I felt dizzy so I went out to sit. She was like "'huh' Oh.. I thought Brian punished you. He look really serious and scary."

It was not even under the sun. Why cant i be a little stronger? I still remember vividly how I fainted in high school. It was during assembly and on that particular day I was late for school. So late-comers were supposed to stand infront while the others were allowed to sit. So I was actually chatting with my cousin who was among the crowd. Suddenly, my world turned dark again and the next thing I knew, I was already in the prefects' room resting. It was simen floor and my head just hit it like a drum. Like duh, it hurts. However, I dont feel a single pain. Just bit my lip as I fell. The best thing was not even that. My friend went to call my mum to ask her to come and pick me up. So she just called and said YEONG fainted. She's an Indian though. So my mum thought it was my dad who fainted. Of course she dont care and continued doing her work. Hours passed. So my cousin went to call her again. Then only she realised it was me who fainted. She told everyone at home. Especially my maid. She was so worried and stuff. Brought the mattress down and everything. Please la.. it's hours after I regain consciousness. I am alright. So as I reached home, I went up to my room. She went looking for me, asking my mum where am I. Swt.. then my mum told her,
Mum: Dia tak de apa apa la.. Sangat semangat.
Maid: Hah? Ya ke? I sudah bawa tilam bawah lo.. Dia dimana?
Mum: Bilik la pasti. Dia terus naik ma..
Maid: Wei, awak bukan pengsan meh?
Me: Ya la.. Tapi sudah beberapa jam lalu.
Maid: Cheh..I ingat awak sudah sangat tenat then I sangat risau. Bawa tilam dan selimut awak ke bawah.
Me: Aiya, tak de la., Saya nak pergi mandi la..Bawa itu selimut atas la.. Tilam simpan untuk maam tidur la.. Haha...

That was the best memory. She was so funny. Miss her so much. She practically became part of our family. Joke together. Eat together. Shop together. She worked here like for 8 years now. However, due to some problem, she went back last month. Hopefully she will be back soon.. My mum cant survive without her. Haha..

Nowadays, I am addicted to Kelly Clarkson's new album, All I ever wanted. The song, I do not hook up and the main song All I ever wanted keep playing in my mind.

No comments: