Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Something

I had my first sushi in Adelaide last saturday. As we heard from friends that its best to go to the market on saturday afternoon to get cheap stuff. Its how it works here. They will try to sell off everything as they will be close on Sunday and Monday. Practically the Central Market is only open for 4 days a week. So last Saturday, Jasmine and I decided to hop on the tram and off we went. Great..First stop was a fruit stall. We grab some grapes as they are really cheap and its selling like hot cakes. 1kg for 99c. I had a whole big bag for only like $1.50. Then we went to get some vegetables. As we walked, we suddenly stopped at this Sushi stall. Due to temptation, we bought. It's alright. Once in a blue moon. Then as we walked further, we came to another sushi stall. Even cheaper. So our second round of sushi. Haiz.. In dollar. So I bought two of these for like $3.70. Its cheap yet expensive. However, I shall indulge myself a little bit!



Again, class is as usual. Its getting colder nowadays. So its not really advisable to wear shorts out. I had my very first Pharmacy Practice practical today which I would say it's kinda interesting and cool. We learnt to print data today using a software installed in all the computers in the lab. Each of us occupied a pc and off we go. Doing something new. When we need to type in the name of the doctor, we typed in our name. Then pharmacist name is as well our name. So weird. I am now a doctor and a pharmacist.Those generic names of the medicines are really long and it will surely take some time before I can remember them. That's the problem. As we typed in the label, it will be printed and it we will be in a type of sticker that we can stick on our book which have the picture of the box or container of the medicine. These 2 things are fun. However, the questions are not as fun. We have to look through the thick APF book which contains thousands of medicine to search for the side effects and other counselling advice. Like what? Haiz. When one of my friend asked the tutor, he told us to search ourselves. I know, we should be independent but why cant they help as its our first time? However, this is uni life. Will get used to it.


Then had physiology workshop from 5-7pm. Tiring yet fun. Went to biology lab today. Saw this super gorgeous starfish and so I decided to take a photo of it.

No comments: