Friday, March 27, 2009

Love

How often do u say I love you to your parents or even your siblings? My friend just brought up that topic the other day and I was actually thinking about it. It's so funny to see how things changed. When we were younger, we say that very often. As we grow, the word don't seem to appear as frequent. It is so funny when I came to realize that most of the young people nowadays say that 3 words more to their partner or even their friends but not their family. However, does that mean you don't love your family as much as you used to? That's for you to judge. Everyone has different perspective and in this scenario, it's not a yes or no answer.

It has been almost 2 months since I left home. Like of course I miss home at times but not that homesick yet. Thanks to the people around me especially Jasmine. Adelaide gives me a little of the home feeling. So far,I called home like 2 weeks once and Jasmine said it's quite frequent. She practically don't call back unless it's an urgent thing. The longest phone call so far was to my mum which was around like half-an-hour. The usual ones are only less than 10 minutes. It really caught my attention when a few of my friends told me that they call home everyday without fail. Another guy told me he allocated an hour daily to msn video call with his parents. Mine is a whole lot of different story. I video call home the other day for the first time and my mum just came and say Hi then continue doing her work...Haha..She don't seem to bother to sit there and chat with me.. That is so her. My dad did the same thing too. A wave and off he went. Puff~ into the thin air.

Before I left here, someone asked my sister how would she feel not having me at home and her answer was classic. "The same la.. Like when she is in KL. No difference." Haha.. That's so true. While studying in Taylor's, I only go home during long breaks or to be precise 3-4 months once. Not so eager to go home although most of my friends will return back to their hometown once in two weeks. My dad actually ask me not to go home.. Haha.. Perhaps I am used to being independent and not too attached to them. But of course I LOVE THEM!!! more than anything else in the world. My family is my priority.

Quote of the day..
One thing nobody can do better than you is to be you

No comments: