Friday, February 27, 2009

Finally, it’s the orientation for the Bachelor of Pharmacy. I had been longing for this to see how many Asians are there in this course. Especially Malaysians. It seems to be very popular among Malaysians. I was actually expecting it to be like 80% asians and the other 20% to be non-asians. But it was actually better than what I thought. It’s more to like a 6:4 ratio. Today was all the boring talks. Listening to Jasmine’s advice since she had her orientation a day earlier, she suggested that I should sit infront as those professor does not like to speak on the microphone. So I sat on the first row. Excited. Ms Libby Hotham is the program director and as she speaks, I can feel that I am dozing off.

Tick tok tick tok, end of talk. Lunch time. We are going to have barbeque. Great! Asked Jasmine to come along so she can have free food too. When those seniors asked what course are we doing, she just spontaneously answered, PHARMACY! Good job Jasmine. Way to go! That’s also when both of us decided to take a picture of Aman’s hand while he is talking to some other girls. Scary! He got bitten by bugs..not mosquitoes. ADELAIDE CHANGED HIS SKIN!!

I thought Ms Libby is quite stern but during the barbeque, she came and spoke to us and I found that she is a nice lady. Very friendly indeed. All the lecturers are so friendly and that really make us feel comfortable. That’s a good sign. Regarding course mates, so far I had met some Vietnamese, Japanese, Australians and of course Malaysians.

Then the second day. It was about each and every subjects that we are going to take. All the lecturers are so friendly. But everyone said the same thing. THIS IS UNI. NO SPOON-FEEDING. U HAVE TO PREPARE YOURSELF BEFORE COMING FOR LECTURE/TUTE/PRACT! But they also said, its not only studying. Ensure you have A LIFE!! of course. However the main puspus is to study. (jasmine taught me.. dont say purpose, say puspus). Free lunch.. We had pizza today and I had 3 slices. Hungry la.. I am a big-eater.

One last thing, we did jelly today. Strawberry flavour. It may not look nice but it is delicious!

No comments: