Monday, February 16, 2009

Condolence

A phone and an sms from my mum is something very common as she, the night before, for the first time since I arrived in Adelaide called me. But I received the message around 6+ am which is Malaysia time around 4. She wouldn’t have messaged me around that time if it is not something urgent. In that particular sms, she told me that she can’t sleep as his brother which is my uncle passed away. He was in Guongzhou due to some business meeting and yesterday night, he fell down and that’s how he lost his life. Although I wasn’t close to him, but he is indeed a nice guy. I stayed with him since young. I just hope everyone at home will be alright. I am feeling sad as I am not around to comfort them. It’s a great lost but if you guys think back, at least, we had a wonderful time together early this year. It’s been the first overseas trip together with them. He has done so much for us and I want to say thank you. May everyone be strong to go through this tough situation and hope his body can be brought back as soon as possible so he can rest in peace in the land he grew up.

Uncle Thomas, everyone misses you.

No comments: