Friday, July 17, 2009

Holiday life

3weeks of holiday and now 1 week left..Time flies. 1st week was merely rotting for me. Sleeping time :am, Waking up time:pm. So pathetic. Negative: No life! But they always say. "Think positively". So the positive thing about living that life is saving money on breakfast and lunch. Especially when I am now spending in dollar and not RM.

Second week was so much better. At least I am doing some stuff. Finally I went for a jog. I was planning since I finished my last paper but I just can't seem to wake up to do that. But on Wednesday, I managed to move my butt out of the bed and get out of the apartment at 7am. Gosh, temperature was around like 6 degrees. So nice. Chilling. The weather was so good. The street was full of white collar workers heading for a coffee before getting into their offices. "I am breathing the fresh morning air", that was what I thought. Few kilometers down the track, I saw a rainbow. As what I will usually do, take out the phone from the pocket and snapped a photo of it. As I continued for another few meters, I felt a drop of water on my head. My heart was pounding as I really don't want it to rain. Seconds later, it drizzled. Before I can even decide whether to continue or to U-turn, it rained heavily. I had no choice but to run back. Hood up but no use as it kept falling off as I ran. Did not really bother but was just running as fast as I could so I can reach home in the shortest time. One thing for sure, I don't want to catch a cold just because I went for a jog. No way. As I reached the main street again, the rain stopped. Took a look at the time, 7.45am. I only jogged for around 30 minutes. That's not my plan. But it doesn't matter. Went home, took a hotbath, ate breakfast and off to Uni. For no reason but I just don't want to stay at home cause I know I will surely do some nonsense stuff. Then sushi for lunch. So delicious.

Besides, as I am a girl, and I can tell you that girls like sleepovers. Went to Lear's house on Thursday. Amazing plan. Nicole and I looked through the thick, few hundred pages baking book and finally decided on chocolate chips cookies and apple tarte tatin( One of the pressure test in MasterChefs). That's for our dessert. For main course, we had glutinous rice and salmon,lemon and spinach pasta. I have to say everything tasted really good except for the apple tarte tatin where I felt the apples were too sour and I am not a big fan of sour fruits. But overall, delicious. The cooking and baking part were fun but sadly, the temperature in the house was not so fun. The house felt like a freezer. It was so cold that we were all shivering except for the host. Lear: Cold? really? no what? I think it's very warm. So we stared at her thinking what was wrong and just ignored her. Her room was also very cold. I don't know how she managed to survive. We were awake turning around the whole night except for Lear. What a successful sleepover!

Results out. Some were more than what I expected but one was lower than what I was expecting. However, I am happy for it. Half a year to go!!!! I shall enjoy this coming week to the fullest before returning to the Uni-life routine..

Till then.

No comments: