Wednesday, April 13, 2011

No Other Way

Updates to my previous post!

Holiday had officially began and it's actually the 5th already. It wasn't exactly productive. But it's time to relax before the second half of the semester kicks in.

The other thing from the previous post was about work. Let me tell you what happened. Before that, I shall turn the clock back to 4 months back when I first reached Malaysia. It was one fine afternoon when I decided to go to pharmacies to ask if I can have work experience there. I got my job from the second pharmacy I visited. That was the great as it was close to mum's office so she don't have much to complain about. I was really lucky as I just walked in without resume or anything and the boss just said 'Alright' to me. And now, I am back here looking for work experience in pharmacies, I have no other way but to do the same. However, I am more prepared this time round. I printed my CV and resume and went to pharmacies to see if they are willing to accept me. This time round, it's not that easy. I visited pharmacies in city and in suburbs. I guess it's really because of the competition, all of them took my resume and told me they will contact me later if it's available. That is only like a polite way of saying 'No'.

Then, as I was visiting the pharmacies in North Adelaide, a suburb that is close to where I stay, my luck just boosted-up. One of the pharmacy said yes to me and told me to go in on Saturday. I don't think they will pay me but that's not a problem for me anymore. Sometimes, it meant that you need to sacrifice something before you can achieve something even bigger. Having to be able to work in a pharmacy will help me so much in my resume and in looking for a job in future. For the record, I went into 8 pharmacies before succeeding. Therefore, there is seriously no other way than to persevere on and not give-up! Always believe in yourself and know that you can get what you want!

So, Thank God for that and I promised myself that I will take this opportunity seriously.

Going for Vietnamese food tomorrow and I am excited!! Apparently, we are going to 2 Vietnamese restaurant tomorrow! One for the durian smoothie which my friend strongly recommended and the other one for the extra delicious pork balls cold rolls!

Holiday is just so NICE!!

No comments: